Friday, June 10, 2011

Flashback Friday - May 1, 2011

Many bloggers have something like Friday Link Love or One Word Wednesday - a day that they try to consistently publish a themed post. I've decided to create Flashback Friday to catch all of the things I forget to mention.

So for this Flashback Friday we are going to travel back in time to May 1, 2011. The past two years I've competed in TriZou, a sprint triathlon held at the University of Missouri. This year, rather than pretending not to drown for 400 meters, I registered for DuZou. DuZou is a duathlon where you run 1 mile, bike 7 miles, and then run 1 more mile. Only about 100 people register for the duathlon versus the 800 or so who complete TriZou.

It turns out that turning 30 does have some benefits because...I placed 3rd in my age group of 30-34 year old women!! Me! 3rd Place! The last time I placed in anything was rowing for OU as a novice team at the Women's Big 12 Championships the first year of the club team's existence. We were 3rd place but we missed the awards ceremony and never received our medals. (Still sad about that!)

Jason and I left as soon as we finished the race because we needed to get back to Kirksville. I would never in a million years have thought I placed but then I received my results online. It said I placed 3rd and after two trips to the event sponsor's business I finally got my medal. Check it out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment