Friday, June 3, 2011

When you leave town for five days you really notice the progress in your plants. I couldn't believe how much these grew even in the short time we were gone.

Check out these pictures of the original plants and what they look like this week:

Pepper and tomato plants going crazy!





So many cute little tomatoes!
Grow, grow, grow!















Nasturiums! Now we just need the flowers.










Best of all...remember these little basil plants?
Mom and I split the middle plant into four
and the left one was attacked by leaf eating
bug or something and almost died.

And now LOOK at this basil! Yippeee! I plucked some leaves tonight and made my first batch of pesto. You can barely even tell I took any leaves. I'm so excited!!














In less happy gardening news, my fuschia was poorly potted and tried to die on me while I was out of town. I bought it already potted. Even though it rained while we were gone I think it was too protected under the eaves. When we got home it looked like this and the peat moss type soil had pulled away from the sides of the hanging basket. Tonight I gave it one last chance, removed the dead portions, and repotted it in better potting soil. It looks really pathetic but it might make it.












I also think bunnies think asiatic daisies are delicious. The bunnies have stayed out of everything else but these plants have been sheared down. Guess these perennials won't be sticking around after all. For now I'm going to leave them in the ground in case they rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment