Friday, June 3, 2011

Pleepleus

I started writing my post about Memorial Day weekend and realized that I've never introduced my few blog readers to Pleepleus.

Historical Background:
The original Pleepleus belongs to Zane Lamprey and starred in the show Three Sheets. (You can even "Like" Zane's Pleepleus on Facebook.) He was the Ty Beanie Baby "Swinger." Except for Pleepleus's fan page on Facebook the newer (uglier and not as cool) Official Pleepleus Doll is available on Zane's website.

Anyway, a year or two ago when we were obsessively going through all four seasons of Three Sheets (and I read his book too), Jason bought me my very own Pleepleus at a time that I was really stressed out. It turns out that this adorable little monkey is almost as good at providing stress relief as watching squirrels or petting cats and dogs. In fact before he went out of town tonight Jason propped him up on my pillow to great me from clean sheets on the bed. Big smiles for both the monkey and the freshly made bed!

Anyway, this cute little guy goes pretty much everywhere with us...softball games, camping, RAGBRAI, nights out, breweries. He was in our engagement photos and he did an excellent job holding our unity candle in our wedding in October.


This engagement photo was the ending to our wedding video.

So handsome in his tux (that also happens to fit on a wine bottle).














I could post a ton of pictures of our furry friend like my friends post pictures of their dogs. But I'll spare you except for a few of my favorites from our honeymoon.


Sampling at Russian River Brewing Co.




Tackling the Bear Rupublic Brewing Co. bear

Hanging out in the

Sizing up our burger at Third Street Ale Works
in Santa Rosa, CA



Taking wine tasting notes
in Northern Sonoma County


Now that you've officially met Pleepleus I can get back to my post about last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment